- 1/4 lb. smoked trout
- 2 tbsp. reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- freshly ground black pepper
- 30 large cherry tomatoes
- chopped fresh chives for garnish (optional)
Makes 10 (3-piece) Servings
- Place trout in a medium bowl and break up into small pieces with a fork. Add sour cream, lemon juice, and chives; stir to combine. Season generously with pepper.
- Using a serrated knife, cut 1/8 inch off the stem end of each tomato and a tiny bit off the bottom so the tomatoes will stand. Remove the seeds using a small melon baller. Fill each hallow tomato with a generous 1/2 teaspoon of the trout salad. Sprinkle each with a few chives, if using, and serve.
WW POINTS VALUE: 1 pt.
Note: This recipe appears in the South Beach Diet Parties & Holidays Cookbook. Here are some elegant Phase 1 Hors d' Oeuvres to serve at a party or even as a light snack. The smoked trout salad can be made up to 1 day in advance, refrigerated in a covered container and be brought to room temperature before using. These little treats look and taste festive and they are easy to eat.