- 4 (6 oz.) boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. small cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
Makes 4 Servings
- Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, pepper and garlic.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the mushrooms, scallions, and remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the skillet. Cook over medium heat, tossing frequently, until the mushrooms have wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add the broth, cream cheese, rosemary and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Stir until cream cheese melts, about 1 minute.
- Return chicken to the pan and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through and still juicy, about 5 minutes.
- Divide the chicken and sauce evenly among 4 plates and serve hot.
WW POINTS VALUE: 6 pts.
Note: This recipe appears in the South Beach Diet Super Quick Cookbook. Whoever says fast food is not good for you has not yet tried this dish. This dish is what I like to call the alternative to fast food or takeout. This chicken dinner is packed with savory flavor and is so good you'll want to serve this whenever you have company for dinner. I loved the combination of cream cheese, chicken broth and rosemary mixed in with chicken and mushrooms. I added garlic to the chicken because garlic always makes everything better. You can always use white wine in place of the chicken broth and your sauce will still be flavorful. When you do have company for dinner, serve this dish over a plate of noodles for a touch of elegance and flavor.