- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onions, sliced thin
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut in 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. water
- 2 tsp. garlic, chopped
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp. scallions, sliced thin
Makes 4 Servings
- Heat olive oil in a 10-inch pan over medium heat. Add red onions and sauté until golden brown. Add broccoli and cook for 5 minutes, stirring to brown slightly. Add soy sauce and water. When the water has evaporated, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in eggs and continue to cook until the eggs are soft and creamy. Stir in scallions. Adjust seasoning.
WW POINTS VALUE: 5 pts.
Note: This recipe appears in the New Sonoma Cookbook. This is a quick and easy meal to prepare and eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Eggs are one of the most versatile ingredients in your kitchen and can be cooked in many ways. Broccoli mixed in with eggs is actually delicious. The soy sauce and the water make the broccoli steam quickly without becoming to brown and it adds another touch of flavor to the dish.