- 1 (9 oz.) package fresh fettucine
- 4 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 small celery stalk, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb. ground skinless chicken breast
- 1 (10 oz.) package sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2. tsp. freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 cup prepared fat-free marinara sauce
Makes 4 Servings (1 1/4 cups per serving)
- Cook the fettucine according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrot, and celery; stirring, until the onion is golden, about 4 minutes. Add the chicken and cook, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes. Add the marinara sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Add the pasta to the Bolognese sauce and toss, adding enough of the reserved cooking water to moisten the sauce, if needed.
WW POINTS VALUE: 6 pts.
Note: This recipe appears in the WW in 20 Minutes Cookbook. This was a nice treat for a change. I was craving Italian food and was cleaning out the refrigerator at the same time and this recipe looked too good to pass up. This was a delicious dinner and a compliment to Italy. Plus, this dinner was tastier than takeout and just as good as what you would order at your local Italian restaurant. You can use any kind of pasta in this dish and your dish will still be delicious. If you're strapped for time, put the onion, celery and carrot in a food processor and then put them in the skillet. I highly recommend adding a touch of basil and oregano to the Bolgnese mixture because basil and oregano add such aromatic flavors to Italian cooking. I also recommend adding a touch of dry red wine to the sauce because wine always makes things taste better.