- 4 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 cup bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 4 (4 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked whole-wheat spaghetti
Makes 4 Servings
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion, peppers, and mushrooms. Saute for 4 minutes until mushrooms release their juices.
- Add the chicken; sauté until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 15 minutes. Place spaghetti in a shallow bowl. Top with chicken and vegetable mixture.
WW POINTS VALUE: 6 pts.
Note: This recipe appears in the Weight Watchers KickStart Your Success booklet. This is a great way to kick-start your healthy lifestyle. If you're ever craving Italian food but you don't want to go to the restaurant, you can make this Italian classic at home in 30 minutes or less. This dish is heavenly delicious with or without the pasta. Don't forget to pound the chicken before you cook it because it will be easier to cook. I also highly recommend adding a splash of dry white wine when cooking the caccitore because wine always makes everything better. This Italian classic will quickly fill you up and leave you satisfied. One bite of this dish and you won't go out for Italian again (unless you're in Italy).