- 8 oz. green beans, trimmed
- 1 (12 oz.) head romaine lettuce, chopped (6 cups)
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 oz. reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled (2/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Makes 4 (2 1/2-cup) Servings
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add beans and cook until crisp tender, about 3 minutes. Drain in a colander and run under very cold water for 1 minute to stop the cooking. Drain again and pat dry. Cut beans into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine beans lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, feat and olives. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar salt and pepper; pour over salad and toss to coat. Divide salad among 4 plates and sprinkle parsley just before serving.
WW POINTS VALUE: 4 pts
Note: This recipe appears in the South Beach Diet Taste of Summer Cookbook. Summer is here as is the heat wave and you're hungry but you don't want to cook in this hot weather, this Greek salad is for you. I think this salad tastes like a high-end restaurant quality salad. This colorful salad is full of vegetables and will fill you up in a hurry. This salad can be made in about 30 minutes or less and can be enjoyed any day of the week. Next time you order a salad at a Greek restaurant, you now know what to expect after having this salad.