- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) Savoy Cabbage, shredded (4 cups)
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 freshly ground black pepper
Makes 4 (3/4-cup) Servings
- In a small skillet, toast sesame seeds over medium-low heat, shaking the pan occasionally, until seeds are golden, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, bell pepper, sesame oil, vinegar, salt and black pepper. Add sesame seeds and toss. Serve at room temperature.
WW POINTS VALUE: 1 pt
Note: This recipe appears in the South Beach Diet Taste of Summer Cookbook. This dish makes a great summer side dish when you're cooking an Asian protien as the star. This dish is crunchy and refreshing and has a nice, clean bite to it. Another great thing about cabbage is that it's filled with Vitamin C and fiber so it will wuickly fill you up.