- 1/2 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) head red leaf lettuce, chopped (6 cups)
- 1 (1-pound) jicama, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
Makes 4 (2 1/2-Cups) Servings
In a small bowl, combine, yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, oil, salt and pepper. Place lettuce in a large bowl and toss with 1/4 cup of the dressing; divide among 4 salad plates. Add jicama and cucumber to the same large bowl and toss with remaining dressing. Spoon jicama and cucumber mixture on top of lettuce and serve.
WW POINTS VALUE: 3 pts
Note: This recipe appears in the South Beach Diet Taste of Summer Cookbook. The folks at South Beach have done it again. This salad was crunchy and delicious. The combination of olive oil and lime juice really wakes up your taste buds. I really loved how the jicama was a refreshing crunch in your mouth along with the creamy cilantro dressing. This salad makes a great meal during a heat wave when you don't want to cook and you want something filling and satisfying. And you can make this salad can be made in 20 minutes or less.