- 6 medium peaches, halved, pitted and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground star anise
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp regular butter, cold
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Makes 8 Servings
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place peaches in a medium bowl; toss with spices and powdered sugar until sugar dissolves. In an 8-inch square baking pan, arrange peach slices in several layers; sprinkle raspberries over top.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut butter into flour mixture and work in with a fork or pastry cutter until flour resembles course crumbs. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix with a fork until dough comes together.
- Place clumps of crumb mixture over fruit; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake until top is golden brown and fruit begins to bubble, about 40 to 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
WW POINTS VALUE: 4 pts (1/2 cup per serving)
Note: This recipe appears on www.weightwatchers.com. I dined out this evening because I was STARVING and I pigged out at a local Italian restaurant. I was disappointed with my meal because it was adequate and I thought it was an embarassment to Italy. I made this dessert to make up for my adequate dinner and this dessert was well worth it. The original recipe did not call for cinnamon, nutmeg, star anise or ginger but I added these spices for more flavor. Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and star anise add flare to cooked fruit taking it from dull to delicious. I loved this dessert. It was the perfect ending for the meal for today and made me forget my not-so-great dinner. This particular cobbler uses less butter and more sour cream. Don't be intimidate by the flavor cominations of sour cream and vanilla; they go very well together with cooked fruit. Since summer is around the corner, this dish is PERFECT for a barbeque or get-together and everyone will love this dish. You can even top this dessert with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt or marscapone cheese but it may affect the point value.