- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 (1 lb.) head romaine lettuce , chopped (8 cups)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 2 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
Makes 4 Servings
- Pound chicken breasts to an even 1/2-inch thickness. Lightly rub jerk seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts. Refrigerate in an airtight container for at least an hour.
- Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until cooked through 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board, let rest for 5 minutes, then cut into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- While chicken is resting, in a large bowl combine the sour cream and lime juice. Add lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, scallions and salt; toss well. Divide salad among 4 plates, top with chicken slices and serve.
WW POINTS VALUE: 4 pts
Note: This recipe appear in the South Beach Diet Taste of Summer Cookbook. This dish is another great way to kick-start your diet because it's so filling with very few points. This chicken salad is no ordinary chicken salad. Jerk seasoning is a traditional Jamaican seasoning that has a blend of herbs and spices that includes chiles, thyme, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and garlic. Jerk seasoning is typically rubbed on meats before cooking. This dish puts a kick on a chicken salad with the Jamaican spices along with all the veggies and dressing.This chicken salad can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner to cool you off during those hot summer days. You can also grill the chicken outdoors if you'd like and it will still be tasty.