- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups halved and thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 5 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- freshly ground black pepper
Makes 4 (1 1/2-cup) Servings
Combine cucumber, radishes, mint (if using), onion, oil and vinegar in a large mixing bowl. Gently toss in feta, season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
WW POINTS VALUE: 4 pts.
Note: This recipe appears in the South Beach Diet Quick & Easy Cookbook. This Phase 1 recipe is a delicious way to kick-start your diet or even if you want a cool and refreshing salad for lunch or dinner. The creamy feta goes very well with the crunchiness of the radishes and cucumbers. The mint gives this salad a refreshing kick as well waking up your taste buds. Summer is approaching and this salad is great for when you're hungry and you can't or don't want to cook. Plus, this dish will quickly fill you up and leave you satisfied.