- 5 oz. arugula, about 8 cups loosely packed
- 2 medium pink grapefruits, segmented, 2 tbsp juice reserved
- 1/2 small uncooked vidalia onion, thinlly sliced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 oz. Parmesan cheese, thinly shaved
Makes 4 Servings
- Place arugula in a large salad bowl; top with grapefruit and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, honey, salt, pepper and reserved grapefruit juice.
- When ready to serve, gently toss salad with dressing; sprinkle with cheese.
WW POINTS VALUE: 3 pts. (2 cups per serving)
Note: This recipe appears on www.weightwatchers.com. This is what Italy must taste like in the summer! This salad is SO delicious you'll have it again and again this summer. This salad is also a great way to kick off summer and great for when the heat wave is in town and you don't want to cook. I must say I have a new respect for salads. I always thought salads were dull and boring with lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, onions, etc. This Italian salad is certainly a refreshing change from the usual lettuce and tomato! You can also use spinach in place of the arugula for this salad and it will still be heavenly. This salad should be served at a dinner party, especially if your dinner guests are Mario Batali, Emeril Lagasse, Tyler Florence, Giada De Laurentis, Michael Chiarello, Scott Conant, Ann Burrell and even Bobby Flay.