- 3/4 lb. large shrimp (about 16), peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp +2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 anchovy fillets, minced, or 2 tsp anchovy paste
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 (1 lb.) head romaine lettuce, chopped (8 cups)
- 1 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb lump crabmeat (about 1 cup)
Makes 4 (2-cup) Servings
- In a medium bowl, toss shrimp with 2 teaspoons of the oil, half of the garlic, lemon zest and pepper.
- Lightly coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray and heat to medium-high. Grill shrimp until they turn pink, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, anchovies, Dijon mustard and remaining garlic. Slowly whisk in Add lettuce and cheese and toss well. Divide lettuce among 4 plates, top with shrimp and crab and serve.
WW POINTS VALUE: 5 pts.
Note: This recipe appears in the South Beach Diet Taste of Summer Cookbook. Who doesn't love a crisp and refreshing Caesar Salad every now and then? South Beach has done it again with a new twist on a classic twist. The flavors of lemon, olive oil and garlic make your taste buds pop along with the grilled shrimp and crabmeat. You don't need to add salt to this dish because the anchovies are already salty and add salt to the dish. This salad will also fill you up and leave you satisfied. This salad can be enjoyed anytime of the year but it's great on a warm evening if you don't want to cook.