- 3 tbsp trans-fat-free margarine
- 2 tbsp hot pepper sauce, or more to taste
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 3 (6 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 24 (1-inch cubes)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 celery stalks, cut into 24 (1-inch) pieces
- Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
Makes 8 (3-Skewer) Servings
- Melt margarine in a medium nonstick saucepan. Whisk in pepper sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until slightly thickened; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, add to pan, and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 6 minutes. Add margarine mixture to pan and gently toss chicken until well coated, 1-2 mutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and skewer each cube with a . Skewer 1 piece of celery at the base of each. Arrange on a platter and serve with dip.
WW POINTS VALUE: 4 pts per serving
Note: This recipe appears in the South Beach Diet Parties & Holidays Cookbook. It was the Super Bowl and what better way to celebrate the biggest game of the year with a healthy version of Buffalo Chicken Wings? Every year, over 1 BILLION buffalo chicken wings are consumed on Super Bowl Sunday. You can have buffalo chicken without all the grease and fat and it will still taste delicious. Buffalo Chicken wings originated in upstate New York in Buffalo and have been an American tradition for many years. This version is healthy and delicious because the chicken is not breaded nor fried; they're pan-seared. This snack is so delicious you will serve this again and again anytime of the year. Plus, this appetizer can be made in less than 30 minutes.