- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp trans-fat-free margarine
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
Makes 4 Servings
- Position rack in the middle of the oven and heat oven to 350 F. Lightly coat 4 (1-cup) ramekins or custard cups with cooking spray.
- Whisk together eggs, sour cream, salt and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Melt margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and scallions and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until eggs have thickened slightly, 2 minutes. Divide mixture among the ramekins and bake until edges have puffed up and top is golden, about 25 minutes. Serve immediately, since souffles with fall after a minute or so, or allow to fall, unmold, and serve on a platter.
WW POINTS VALUE: 5 pts
Note: This recipe appears in the South Beach Diet Parties & Holidays Cookbook. If you enjoy frittatas, then you will love this treat. This is a fritatta-like breakfast souffle that is easy to prepare anytime. The key to this dish is to serve it immediately, while it's hot and puffed up high. Heating the vegetables and eggs together before baking helps blend the flavors together time. You can store any leftover souffles in the fridge and take them out and heat them in the microwave when you want to eat one.