- 6 large eggs, light;y beaten
- 1 (6 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and thinly sliced
- 2 oz shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- freshly ground black pepper
Makes 4 Servings
- Heat broiler, Season eggs with salt and pepper
- Heat an 8-inch cast-iron or oven-proof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray pan (including sides) with cooking spray and add chicken, dispersing meat around the pan in a singer layer.
- Pour eggs over chicken and cook, undisturbed, until eggs are almost set, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle eggs evenly with cheese and dollop with salsa. Broil until eggs are set, fritatta is puffed up, and cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Cut into 4 portions and serve hot.
WW POINTS VALUE:5 pts
Note: This recipe appears in the South Beach Diet Quick & Easy Cookbook. This is a delicious dish to kick-start your weight loss and will keep you filled so you won't be doing any unnecessary snacking or eating. Fritattas orginated in Italy so this is an East meets West dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner and it can be made in about 15 minutes. If you don't have any leftover chicken, season and cook a 6-8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast on a grill pan over medium-high heat, 5 minutes per side. This egg dish comes out of the oven puffy and golden with crisp edges and it's a hacienda in your mouth. Leftover fritatta can stay in the fridge for 2-3 days covered and easily reheats in low oven or microwave.