- 5 peaches or nectarines, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp minced orange zest
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- Heavy Cream (optional)
Makes 4-6 Servings
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Mix together the peaches, blueberries, orange juice, orange zest, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place the fruit mixture in a buttered 9-inch pie plate or square pan and set aside.
- Combine the flour and brown sugar, then cut in 2 tbsp of the butter with a pastry blender until the mixture forms crumbs about the size of small peas. Sprinkle the flour mixture over the fruit, and dot with the remaining 1 tbsp butter.
- Bake until the peaches are cooked through, the top is slightly browned, and the mixture is bubbling, about 30 minutes. Serve either hot or cold, with heavy cream, if desired, to pour over the crumble.
WW POINTS VALUE: Who knows?