- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp instant espresso or coffee powder
- 1/2 oz. (1/2 square) unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups water
Makes 4 Servings
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, honey, cocoa powder, espresso powder, chocolate and 1/2 cup of the water. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sugar is dissolved, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining 1 1/2 cups water.
- Transfer to a 9 X 13-inch baking pan. Freeze until just frozen, 2-3 hours.
- Transfer to a food processor; puree. Scrape into a quart-size container with a tight-fitting lid; freeze until firm. If the sorbet loses its velvety texture, reprocess right before serving.
WW POINTS PER SERVING: 4
Note: This recipe appears in the WW New Complete Cookbook. I had a craving for ice cream with all the beautiful weather we've been having. I don't have the ice cream machine that's used on Iron Chef America to make that tasty treat. All you need is a blender. This Chocolate sorbet was SSOOOOOO GOOD it will give Ben and Jerry a run for their $$$!! This is the perfect treat for a girl's night in.