- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate(70 % Higher Cocoa) finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 4 ounces cherries, pitted and finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place chocolate in a heatproof medium bowl. In a small saucepan, heat the half-and-half over medium heat. hen it comes to a simmer, add cherries and return to a simmer. Remove from the heat and pour mixture over chocolate; stir antil chocolate is melted.
- Place the bowl in the freezer until chocolate is set, about 10 minutes, removing the bowl and stirring every 2 minutes. Chocolate is ready to roll into truffles when it no longer has a pudding-like consistency and starts to harden.
- Scopp out 2 teaspoons of the chocolate mixture and roll with moistened palms to form a small ball. Repeat with the remaining chocolate to make 32 balls (you will need to moisten your hands more than once). If Chocoalte is soft, place balls in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm.
- Place the cocoa powder in a shallow dish. Roll balls in cocoa powder to coat, then roll between dry palms so that the cocoa powder adheres to truffles. Serve immeadiately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.
WW Points Value: 2
Note: I cooked this recipe last night and it's SOO Delicious. This recipe appears in the South Beach Diet Taste of Summer Cookbook but you can make it any time of the year. I highly recommend putting the bowl in the freezer more than 10 minutes for the chocolate mixture to harden because the chocolate can get very slippery on your hands. I also highly recommend putting all the truffles in a container or a ziploc bag and putting the bag in the freezer so the truffles stay hard.